Welcome to the Esquimalt-Saanich-Sooke Conservative Association. We are the local electoral district association for the Conservative Party of Canada. Our constituency represents approximately 113,000 hard-working people, and includes the southern Vancouver Island municipalities of Esquimalt, View Royal, Colwood, Metchosin, and Sooke, along with the neighbourhoods of North Quadra, Swan Lake and Cloverdale in Saanich East and Saanich West.
A map of our riding can be found at:
Elections Canada - Esquimalt- Saanich-Sooke
Our riding is known for its amazing shoreline, rich natural and human history, and as being the home of the Royal Canadian Navy’s Maritime Forces Pacific. People living here work in construction, retail, healthcare, education, public administration, and are complemented by the Canadian Forces Base, a diverse tourism sector, and a growing population of well-educated retiring Canadians who are seeking a warm, hospitable climate. We are also home to internationally renowned Royal Roads University, and have some of the best recreational facilities in the country.
The landscape of our riding is diverse and includes some of the rarest ecosystems in Canada, many of which are protected in our world-class regional parks system.
Our Conservative Association is guided by the following objectives set out in our constitution:
- Supporting and promoting the principles, objectives and policies of the Party and maintaining an effective Association for that purpose.
- Providing organizational and financial support to the Party’s candidate or Member of Parliament in our Riding.
- Raising money and maintaining a fund to support the Association and assist candidates.
- Actively identifying potential supporters and recruiting new members.
- Encouraging the participation and recruitment of youth.
Our volunteer Board of Directors represents our Conservative Association with the goal of continued representation for the Conservative Party of Canada in our riding. We receive our mandate from the membership and are elected by the membership at the annual AGM to achieve the objectives of the Association.
The work of the board is accomplished by the various committees of the Board. If you are interested in serving in this way, please contact us here.